Candidates should assess and check whether they fulfil all the conditions for admission laid down in the vacancy notice, before submitting their application.
All applications must be submitted via our online recruitment system with the exception of the applications for Seconded National Expert posts that must be submitted by means of email via their Europol National Unit and, if necessary, the Liaison Bureau.
Applying for restricted temporary agent posts
If you are a member of a competent authority and you are applying for a restricted or restricted annex II temporary agent post, you must ensure that being posted at Europol is in line with, and can be accommodated by, your administrative situation with your current employer. Should your application be successful, you will be required to provide evidence to that effect before you can take up the post.
You must confirm in your application that you are currently employed by a competent authority. It is no longer necessary to provide a Europol National Unit (ENU) confirmation at the time of application. Europol will request the confirmation after the shortlisting and ONLY for shortlisted applicants. Applications submitted by other means (paper or e-mail) will not be accepted.
In some cases, certain details of a vacancy notice will not be published for security reasons. In such cases, you should get in touch with your ENU to get these details.
To apply online, follow the instructions below:
- Open the vacancies page to see the current list of Europol vacancies and click on the title of a vacancy to see the post details. Make sure you comply with criteria indicated in the vacancy.
- Click "Apply" at the bottom of each vacancy to be redirected to our online recruitment system.
- Before applying for any of our vacancies you must have an eRecruitment account. If you do not yet have an account yet, you will be required to create one before applying for the first time. After creating your account, the system will automatically generate an activation email. Please do not forget to check your email inbox and activate your account by clicking on the link provided in the email, before proceeding with your first application.
- Once your account system is activated, log in to your eRecruitment account, follow the instructions and fill in the form. You can save and continue completing the application form later.
- Make sure all the information you provide is correct and submit your application.
- In order to be considered, applications must be received by 23:59 CET on the closing date indicated in the vacancy notice. Applicants are advised to submit their application well ahead of the deadline. Applications cannot be submitted after the deadline.
- After successful submission of an application, the system will automatically generate an email acknowledgement of receipt within 6 hours. Candidates should ensure that the email address provided on the application is correct (and that the mailbox is not full), as most correspondence will be by email. If no acknowledgement of receipt is received within 6 hours (also, after checking the Junk/Spam folder of your email inbox), please contact us for further assistance.