The symposium will offer a common platform to:
- present and discuss best practices for cybercrime awareness campaigns and their deployment at national and transnational levels;
- suggest ways to mitigate cybercrime and increase cyber resilience by giving people the skills and knowledge to better protect themselves;
- identify successful messages and strategies for cybercrime awareness campaigns as well as assess the possibility of developing joint initiatives.
Europol, STOP. THINK. CONNECT, APWG.EU, and their worldwide partners are compiling the largest global cybercrime prevention effort, unifying and advocating the development of effective awareness programs. For the first time, the event will provide a common discussion framework for practitioners from law enforcement, academia and public and private sector partners.
Call for Papers
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Cybersecurity education and cyber awareness program development
- New and evolving ICT user exposures and risks that awareness programs should cover
- Case studies on national support of cybersecurity education/awareness and cyber resilience
- Innovative techniques for training users in ICT safety principles
- Strategies on employee training
- Cybersecurity awareness training metrics/evaluation of awareness campaign effectiveness
- Case studies of successful cyber awareness training/campaigns
- Instruments that work in awareness: training, hacking demos, etc.
- Techniques and tools to raise awareness
- Cybersecurity awareness in relation to critical infrastructure
- Addressing the awareness needs of different demographics
Instructions for submissions
Submissions should include author names, affiliations and acknowledgments (if any). They should not exceed 2 letter-sized pages. Each should begin with a title, abstract, and may optionally include introduction or session slides.
Click here to submit your paper.
Nicole van der Meulen, EC3 (Europol)
María Sanchez, EC3 (Europol)
Peter Cassidy, APWG.org
Foy Shiver, APWG.org
Agustí Solanas, APWG.eu
Zoriana Dmytryshyna, APWG.eu
Costas Patsakis, University of Piraeus
Manel Medina, UPC
Session/Talk submission: March 16, 2020
Author notification: April 2, 2020
Symposium: May 19-20, 2020