The Hague, 11 January 2013
The Director of Europol and the Head of the European Cybercrime Centre (EC3) are pleased to inform you on the opening of the EC3 on 11 January 2013 at Europol’s headquarters in The Hague, The Netherlands.
EC3 will be the focal point in the EU’s fight against cybercrime, contributing to faster reactions to online crime. It will support Member States and the European Union’s institutions in building operational and analytical capacity for investigations and cooperation with international partners.
EC3 will officially commence its activities on 1 January 2013 with a mandate to tackle the following areas of cybercrime:
- That committed by organised groups to generate large criminal profits such as online fraud
- That which causes serious harm to the victim such as online child sexual exploitation
- That which affects critical infrastructure and information systems in the EU
Registration for media
Please register by sending using the media request form giving the names of participants, their media organisation and type of media organisation.
Deadline for registration is 10 January 2013, 14:00 p.m.
Please bring a valid ID and a press card.
Date & Time
- Date: Friday 11 January 2013
- Time: 10:00 – 12:30
- 10:00 - Official opening of EC3 & Press Conference
- 11:30 - EC3 Expo, Expert Briefings and Interviews
During the EC3 Expo, EC3 analysts and specialists will inform us about the activities of the European Cybercrime Centre.
There will also be opportunities for interviews in multiple languages on EC3 and its various fields of expertise.