In the first half of June, Europol and CEPOL organised, together with the Polish Police, an advanced training course on dismantling illicit synthetic drugs laboratories.
Over 30 participants from 21 EU Member States, Norway and Macedonia convened at the Polish Training Academy to take part in this course, conducted by experts from Europol, the Netherlands, Belgium and Poland, alongside partner organisations such as the US DEA and the EMCDDA.
The objectives of the course were to:
- recognise the production methods of illicit drugs, especially synthetic substances;
- identify the production equipment/chemicals seized in the production units;
- implement precautions and safety measures to protect themselves during raid operations on illicit drug laboratories , including decontamination process
- plan and organize future raids as well as the collection of evidence;
- to understand the new trends and developments in the area of synthetic drugs.
All course participants carried out a series of practical exercises under real-life conditions, including a simulated illicit synthetic drugs laboratory environment.